Two rhino poachers killed in encounter in Assam
Tezpur: Two rhino poachers were
killed in an encounter with forest protection personnel inside
Orang National Park in Assam`s Udalguri district today.
Orang National Park Divisional Forest Officer S Dahal
said that acting on a tip-off, Forest Protection Force
personnel surrounded the poachers at Rowmaria area inside the
Park and an encounter followed lasting for more than an hour.
The two poachers were killed in the encounter and the
security forces recovered a 3.3 rifle and a 9 mm pistol from
the slain poachers, Dahal said.
The security forces were conducting a combing operation
inside the Park, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family