Two shot dead in Manipur
Imphal: A jawan of the India Reserve Battalion (IRB) was among two persons who were shot dead by unidentified gunmen while they were catching fish in Tamu river along Indo-Myanmar border in Chandel district on Wednesday, police said.
Rifleman Birjit Singh of third IRB post at Moreh border town and a civilian had gone for fishing at Tamu river, about three km from Moreh town, early this morning.
Their bodies were found at about 8 am by local residents who rushed to the spot after hearing gunshots.
Police have started investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees