Two shot dead in Manipur
Imphal: A jawan of the India Reserve Battalion (IRB) was among two persons who were shot dead by unidentified gunmen while they were catching fish in Tamu river along Indo-Myanmar border in Chandel district on Wednesday, police said.
Rifleman Birjit Singh of third IRB post at Moreh border town and a civilian had gone for fishing at Tamu river, about three km from Moreh town, early this morning.
Their bodies were found at about 8 am by local residents who rushed to the spot after hearing gunshots.
Police have started investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'