Two shot dead in Manipur
Imphal: A jawan of the India Reserve Battalion (IRB) was among two persons who were shot dead by unidentified gunmen while they were catching fish in Tamu river along Indo-Myanmar border in Chandel district on Wednesday, police said.
Rifleman Birjit Singh of third IRB post at Moreh border town and a civilian had gone for fishing at Tamu river, about three km from Moreh town, early this morning.
Their bodies were found at about 8 am by local residents who rushed to the spot after hearing gunshots.
Police have started investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'US will continue to expand defense systems to protect South Korea, regional allies from North Korean missiles'
- Bandits kill 31 bush taxi passengers in Madagascar
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un hails successful test of new missile, says it can strike US Pacific bases
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends
- UEFA Euro 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo rescues Portugal; Belgium seal last-16 berth in Zlatan Ibrahimovic's farewell