Two suspected NDFB ultras killed, two others arrested
Tezpur, Assam: Two suspected National Democratic Front of Bodoland (NDFB) militants were Wednesday killed in an encounter with police in Sonitpur district, while as many arrested in Dhemaji district.
The two unidentified insurgents exchanged fire with the police at Demoguri near Itakhola on the Assam-Arunachal Pradesh border at around 4 AM, police said.
A Chinese-make hand grenade, two Italian 9-mm pistols, 12 rounds of ammunition, two magazines, five mobile phones and a solar charger were recovered from the slain ultras.
Both the bodies had been sent for post-mortem, they added.
In Dhemaji district of upper Assam, two NDFB militants, one of them working as a teacher in a private school, were arrested last night, Superintendent of Police P Kar told reporters today.
School teacher Nirod Narzary was arrested at Tihu under Jonai subdivision. He was nabbed based on his phone call list to an NDFB camp at Dhekiajuli in Sonitpur district to kidnap a person.
The other militant Akon Islari was arrested at Gogamukh, Kar said, adding, no weapon was recovered from them and their interrogation was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- HC tells cops to act if offence made out against Owaisi
- After Kejriwal's dramatic video message, sacked AAP minister claims his life under threat from Delhi CM
- Ruthlessness and positive the key to success in bowling: Ishant Sharma
- Telangana: suspension of 11 lower court judges revoked
- Aung San Suu Kyi keen to visit India