Two suspected NDFB ultras killed, two others arrested
Tezpur, Assam: Two suspected National Democratic Front of Bodoland (NDFB) militants were Wednesday killed in an encounter with police in Sonitpur district, while as many arrested in Dhemaji district.
The two unidentified insurgents exchanged fire with the police at Demoguri near Itakhola on the Assam-Arunachal Pradesh border at around 4 AM, police said.
A Chinese-make hand grenade, two Italian 9-mm pistols, 12 rounds of ammunition, two magazines, five mobile phones and a solar charger were recovered from the slain ultras.
Both the bodies had been sent for post-mortem, they added.
In Dhemaji district of upper Assam, two NDFB militants, one of them working as a teacher in a private school, were arrested last night, Superintendent of Police P Kar told reporters today.
School teacher Nirod Narzary was arrested at Tihu under Jonai subdivision. He was nabbed based on his phone call list to an NDFB camp at Dhekiajuli in Sonitpur district to kidnap a person.
The other militant Akon Islari was arrested at Gogamukh, Kar said, adding, no weapon was recovered from them and their interrogation was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Zaira Wasim controversy: 'Dangal' star's posters burnt in Kashmir valley