Two suspected NDFB ultras killed, two others arrested
Tezpur, Assam: Two suspected National Democratic Front of Bodoland (NDFB) militants were Wednesday killed in an encounter with police in Sonitpur district, while as many arrested in Dhemaji district.
The two unidentified insurgents exchanged fire with the police at Demoguri near Itakhola on the Assam-Arunachal Pradesh border at around 4 AM, police said.
A Chinese-make hand grenade, two Italian 9-mm pistols, 12 rounds of ammunition, two magazines, five mobile phones and a solar charger were recovered from the slain ultras.
Both the bodies had been sent for post-mortem, they added.
In Dhemaji district of upper Assam, two NDFB militants, one of them working as a teacher in a private school, were arrested last night, Superintendent of Police P Kar told reporters today.
School teacher Nirod Narzary was arrested at Tihu under Jonai subdivision. He was nabbed based on his phone call list to an NDFB camp at Dhekiajuli in Sonitpur district to kidnap a person.
The other militant Akon Islari was arrested at Gogamukh, Kar said, adding, no weapon was recovered from them and their interrogation was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you