Two timber traders, driver abducted in Mizoram
Aizawl: Two timber traders and their driver were abducted by armed militants from a village bordering Tripura, police said here Monday.
Sapan Kumar Roy (52), his driver Govinda Nath (35) and Sankar Nath (35) were abducted from Rajiv Nagar village at gun-point by five people last night, the police said.
Two of the abductors were dressed in army fatigue and armed with carbines, the police said.
While the BSF officials deployed along the Mizoram - Tripura-Bangladesh border suspected NLFT militants to be behind the kidnapping, state police officials here suspected that the abductors were Borok National Council of Tripura (BNCT) cadre.
The BNCT militants, most of them from the Bru relief camps in North Tripura district, were involved in a recent burglary where Rs 198 lakh was allegedly looted from the office of a Block Development Officer of Zawlnuam village, also bordering Tripura, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Panel discussion over rights of Muslim women
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train - Part II
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...