Two TSR jawans killed, two others injured in Tripura
Agartala: Ahead of the February 14 Assembly Elections in Tripura, two jawans of paramilitary Tripura State Rifles (TSR) were killed and two others injured on Monday at Tankharai, a remote tribal hamlet in Dhalai district, about 150 km from here, police said.
A TSR jawan, identified as Binoy Debbarma, following an altercation with his colleagues at the Tankharai camp opened fire killing two of his colleagues and severely injuring two others. The incident occurred at about 4.30 pm.
The deceased jawans were identified as Wasak Mia and Utpal Datta.
The injured jawans were rushed to the Chhamanu hospital while the killer jawan is absconding.
Police said senior officials from Dhalai district have rushed to the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply