Two TSR jawans killed, two others injured in Tripura
Agartala: Ahead of the February 14 Assembly Elections in Tripura, two jawans of paramilitary Tripura State Rifles (TSR) were killed and two others injured on Monday at Tankharai, a remote tribal hamlet in Dhalai district, about 150 km from here, police said.
A TSR jawan, identified as Binoy Debbarma, following an altercation with his colleagues at the Tankharai camp opened fire killing two of his colleagues and severely injuring two others. The incident occurred at about 4.30 pm.
The deceased jawans were identified as Wasak Mia and Utpal Datta.
The injured jawans were rushed to the Chhamanu hospital while the killer jawan is absconding.
Police said senior officials from Dhalai district have rushed to the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA