Two TSR jawans killed, two others injured in Tripura
Agartala: Ahead of the February 14 Assembly Elections in Tripura, two jawans of paramilitary Tripura State Rifles (TSR) were killed and two others injured on Monday at Tankharai, a remote tribal hamlet in Dhalai district, about 150 km from here, police said.
A TSR jawan, identified as Binoy Debbarma, following an altercation with his colleagues at the Tankharai camp opened fire killing two of his colleagues and severely injuring two others. The incident occurred at about 4.30 pm.
The deceased jawans were identified as Wasak Mia and Utpal Datta.
The injured jawans were rushed to the Chhamanu hospital while the killer jawan is absconding.
Police said senior officials from Dhalai district have rushed to the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Kashmir unrest: Curfew, restrictions continue for 51st day; businesses suffer losses of Rs 7,500 crore
- US flight from New Orleans to Orlando makes emergency landing after engine fails
- WATCH! Dwayne Bravo bowls last ball of the match to MS Dhoni – This is what happened next
- 12 coaches of Thiruvananthapuram-Mangalore train derail in Kerala
- Hilarious: Sonakshi Sinha trolls Air India pilot on Snapchat! - Know why