Two TSR jawans killed, two others injured in Tripura
Agartala: Ahead of the February 14 Assembly Elections in Tripura, two jawans of paramilitary Tripura State Rifles (TSR) were killed and two others injured on Monday at Tankharai, a remote tribal hamlet in Dhalai district, about 150 km from here, police said.
A TSR jawan, identified as Binoy Debbarma, following an altercation with his colleagues at the Tankharai camp opened fire killing two of his colleagues and severely injuring two others. The incident occurred at about 4.30 pm.
The deceased jawans were identified as Wasak Mia and Utpal Datta.
The injured jawans were rushed to the Chhamanu hospital while the killer jawan is absconding.
Police said senior officials from Dhalai district have rushed to the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert