Two TSR jawans killed, two others injured in Tripura
Agartala: Ahead of the February 14 Assembly Elections in Tripura, two jawans of paramilitary Tripura State Rifles (TSR) were killed and two others injured on Monday at Tankharai, a remote tribal hamlet in Dhalai district, about 150 km from here, police said.
A TSR jawan, identified as Binoy Debbarma, following an altercation with his colleagues at the Tankharai camp opened fire killing two of his colleagues and severely injuring two others. The incident occurred at about 4.30 pm.
The deceased jawans were identified as Wasak Mia and Utpal Datta.
The injured jawans were rushed to the Chhamanu hospital while the killer jawan is absconding.
Police said senior officials from Dhalai district have rushed to the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test