Two ULFA militants surrender
Lakhimpur: Two ULFA militants belonging to
the outfit`s 28th battalion surrendered before the Lakhimpur
district Deputy Commissioner on Tuesday.
Self-styled Lance corporals Budheswar Dutta (26) and
Debashish Bhuyan (27), who had been trained at Kachin in
Myanmar, surrendered before DC Jayanta Narlikar at his office
premises, officials said.
Asked by newsmen whether they surrendered because
their chairman Arabinda Rajkhowa had been arrested, Dutta and
Bhuyan said, "Even if Rajkhowa was still at large we would
have come out of ULFA as we were disillusioned with it. ULFA
today has no relation with its intentions of 30 years ago".
The duo said they were under the direct control of
28th battalion`s area commander Rajib Das and had fled from
the outfit`s Majuli camp in Jorhat district when they were `on
An India-made 9mm pistol with 10 rounds of live
cartridges and a magazine as well as an Italy-made 7.65mm
pistol with seven rounds of cartridges and a magazine were
deposited by them, the officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list