Two workers kidnapped by militants in Manipur
Imphal: Suspected Kuki militants have allegedly kidnapped two labourers for not getting money from their contractor from Saikul area in interior Senapati district of Manipur, police said on Friday.
Road construction workers, identified as Sanasam Tomba (44) and Amom Doren (37), were abducted on December 10 last but an FIR was lodged with the Saikul police station last evening.
Various social organisations including Kuki Students Organisation have appealed to the abductors to release the two safely.
Police said efforts were on to trace the two workers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Italy rescues around 1,100 migrants in Mediterranean
- Usain Bolt was poor, eating beef helped him win nine medals in Olympics: BJP MP Udit Raj
- After Gilgit, PoK and Balochistan, 'azaadi' slogans resonate in Pakistan's Sindh – Watch
- Gold price inches down on steady dollar, Fed rate hike remains on cards
- Curfew lifted from Kashmir after 51 days, restrictions continue in parts of Srinagar, Pulwama