UAEA bandh paralyses normal life
Itanagar: The dawn to dusk capital bandh called by the Unemployed Arunachalee Engineers` Association (UAEA) on Tuesday paralysed normal life here while bandh enforcers set on fire the office of the Arunachal Pradesh Public Service
Bandh enforcers set on fire the office of the Arunachal
Pradesh Public Service Commission (APPSC) in the wee hours
today damaging five rooms of the building, police said.
"Police had arrested four persons in this connection,"
Itanagar police station officer in charge M Bui informed.
The agitators also blocked roads at several sectors of
the state capital which were later removed by the police.
All business establishments including banks, post
offices and educational institutions remained closed during
the day, while all public and private vehicles remained off
However, a few state transport buses were seen plying
with police escort while attendances in all government offices
The UAEA had called the bandh to protest the alleged
foul play by the APPSC authorities in faulty evaluation of
answer scripts of AE (Civil) written exam conducted recently
for recruitment in state’s PWD.
The UAEA on December 27 had staged a dharna and had
submitted a memorandum to Governor Gen (Retd) J J Singh
demanding the APPSC to re-conduct the AE (Civil) exam and
resignation of the Commission officials including its chairman
and members for their alleged role in faulty evaluation of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NASA inflates spare room in space
- Bihar Class 10th Result 2016, BSEB 10th Result 2016: Bihar Board Matric Class 10 Results 2016 (biharboard.bih.nic.in) to be declared today on May 29
- Kiran Bedi to assume charge as Lt Governor of Puducherry today
- Trials of Talgo train to commence today: Know more about it
- Cristiano Ronaldo strikes shoot-out winner as Real Madrid crowned kings of Europe