UIDAI signs MoU with Meghalaya government
Shillong: The Unique Identification
Authority of India (UIDAI) today signed a Memorandum of
Understanding (MoU) with the Government of Meghalaya,
detailing the implementation of the project in the state.
The MoU with the Government of Meghalaya was signed
between Davinder Kumar, DDG, UIDAI and Pankaj Jain, resident
commissioner of the government of Meghalaya, officials said.
The Meghalaya govt has set up a state level cabinet
committee on UID under the chairmanship of the Chief Minister
and a state UID implementation committee under the
chairmanship of the chief secretary to oversee implementation
of the project in the state.
Sharma said the UIDAI cannot realise its objective of
providing every Indian resident with a UID number without
working in tandem with state governments.
Over five years, the authority plans to issue 600
million UIDs. The numbers will be issued through various
`registrar` agencies across the country.
The first number would be issued between August 2010
to February 2011 in some states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks