ULFA, 5 NE ultra groups call boycott of R-Day celebrations
Guwahati: ULFA-Independent and five other North East militant outfits have jointly called a boycott of Republic Day celebrations and a general strike that day in the entire region.
A `solidarity statement` by ULFA-I here today said the boycott and strike were called by the Coordination Committee (CorCom).
The `general strike` on January 26 will begin from 1 AM and end at 5 PM and cover all forms of transportation, movement of vehicles, entertainment including cinema and theatre shows and all activities of trade and commerce, the statement said.
However, the media, medical services and religious ceremonies shall be kept outside the purview of the general strike, it added.
The CorCom comprises Meghalaya-based Hynnewtrep Liberation Council, Kamatapur Liberation Organisation operating in Assam and Bengal, National Democratic Front of Bodoland of Assam and Tripura-based National Liberation Front of Tripura besides ULFA-I.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!