ULFA chief Paresh Barua appoints new `foreign secretary`
Guwahati: ULFA `Commander-in-Chief` Paresh Barua has appointed Pranmoy Asom as the `soreign secretary` of the anti-talk faction of the outfit.
The appointment was made by Barua following a meeting of the outfit in its mobile office and directed Asom to assume responsibility immediately, Publicity Incharge Arunodoy
Dohotiya said in a statement e-mailed to a news agency.
The self-styled foreign secretary will be responsible for strengthening ties with Far East and South Eastern countries sympathetic to the ULFA cause.
Barua has also appealed to all indigenous Assamese living in Assam and other countries to cooperate with him to ensure that the ULFA movement is taken forward and the genuine rights of the indigenous Assamese are realised, the statement added.
The earlier `foreign secretary` Sasha Choudhury, now in the pro-talk faction, was arrested in Bangladesh, handed over to authorities in Assam and subsequently released.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened