ULFA chief Paresh Barua appoints new `foreign secretary`
Guwahati: ULFA `Commander-in-Chief` Paresh Barua has appointed Pranmoy Asom as the `soreign secretary` of the anti-talk faction of the outfit.
The appointment was made by Barua following a meeting of the outfit in its mobile office and directed Asom to assume responsibility immediately, Publicity Incharge Arunodoy
Dohotiya said in a statement e-mailed to a news agency.
The self-styled foreign secretary will be responsible for strengthening ties with Far East and South Eastern countries sympathetic to the ULFA cause.
Barua has also appealed to all indigenous Assamese living in Assam and other countries to cooperate with him to ensure that the ULFA movement is taken forward and the genuine rights of the indigenous Assamese are realised, the statement added.
The earlier `foreign secretary` Sasha Choudhury, now in the pro-talk faction, was arrested in Bangladesh, handed over to authorities in Assam and subsequently released.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH HIGHLIGHTS: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid - UEFA Champions League final
- Daniel Craig 'exhausted' from playing James Bond
- Narendra Modi government failed to create jobs, aid agriculture: Congress
- Daniel Craig 'exhausted' from playing James Bond says Judi Dench
- Give education, equality to girl child, urges Amitabh Bachchan