ULFA chief Paresh Barua appoints new `foreign secretary`
Guwahati: ULFA `Commander-in-Chief` Paresh Barua has appointed Pranmoy Asom as the `soreign secretary` of the anti-talk faction of the outfit.
The appointment was made by Barua following a meeting of the outfit in its mobile office and directed Asom to assume responsibility immediately, Publicity Incharge Arunodoy
Dohotiya said in a statement e-mailed to a news agency.
The self-styled foreign secretary will be responsible for strengthening ties with Far East and South Eastern countries sympathetic to the ULFA cause.
Barua has also appealed to all indigenous Assamese living in Assam and other countries to cooperate with him to ensure that the ULFA movement is taken forward and the genuine rights of the indigenous Assamese are realised, the statement added.
The earlier `foreign secretary` Sasha Choudhury, now in the pro-talk faction, was arrested in Bangladesh, handed over to authorities in Assam and subsequently released.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Peter Thiel tells Republican convention he is ''proud to be gay''
- Know what Kapil Sharma’s team did the moment ‘bua’ Upasana Singh quit ‘Comedy Nights Live’
- Papua New Guinea leader survives no-confidence vote
- Jose Mourinho's appointment as Manchester United coach is a great move, he knows how to win titles: David Beckham
- Graeme Cremer named Zimbabwe's Test captain for Test series against New Zealand