ULFA chief Rajkhowa`s location being kept secret
Guwahati: The location of ULFA chairman
Arabinda Rajkhowa and the outfit`s military deputy-in-chief
Raju Barua, besides eight others apprehended by the Assam
police, is being kept a closely guarded secret.
There were reports that Rajkhowa and the others were
shifted from the high-security 4th Assam Police Battalion
establishment at Kahilipara to another location here, but
police officials were unwilling to part with any information
on his exact location.
Rajkhowa, along with his wife and nine others had
arrived in Guwahati yesterday after they were handed over to
the BSF by Bangladesh security forces at Dawki in Meghalaya.
Rajkhowa and Barua are expected to be produced in the
Kamrup Chief Judicial Magistrate Court at any time, his lawyer
who practises in the Gauhati High Court, Bijon Mahajan said.
"As Rajkhowa and Barua`s family members have appointed
me as their lawyer, it will be my duty to ensure that they get
justice under the law of the land," he said.
Asked under what act they could be arrested, the
lawyer said, it could be under the Special Operations Unit
(SOU) 2/98 or something similar if their names figured in
Unprecedented security measures were evident around
the CJM court in Pan Bazar with a huge number of police and
paramilitary forces deployed.
A barricade has been erected near the court while,
traffic in the area was diverted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie