ULFA chief Rajkhowa`s location being kept secret
Guwahati: The location of ULFA chairman
Arabinda Rajkhowa and the outfit`s military deputy-in-chief
Raju Barua, besides eight others apprehended by the Assam
police, is being kept a closely guarded secret.
There were reports that Rajkhowa and the others were
shifted from the high-security 4th Assam Police Battalion
establishment at Kahilipara to another location here, but
police officials were unwilling to part with any information
on his exact location.
Rajkhowa, along with his wife and nine others had
arrived in Guwahati yesterday after they were handed over to
the BSF by Bangladesh security forces at Dawki in Meghalaya.
Rajkhowa and Barua are expected to be produced in the
Kamrup Chief Judicial Magistrate Court at any time, his lawyer
who practises in the Gauhati High Court, Bijon Mahajan said.
"As Rajkhowa and Barua`s family members have appointed
me as their lawyer, it will be my duty to ensure that they get
justice under the law of the land," he said.
Asked under what act they could be arrested, the
lawyer said, it could be under the Special Operations Unit
(SOU) 2/98 or something similar if their names figured in
Unprecedented security measures were evident around
the CJM court in Pan Bazar with a huge number of police and
paramilitary forces deployed.
A barricade has been erected near the court while,
traffic in the area was diverted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH