ULFA `foreign secretary` released from jail
Guwahati: ULFA `foreign Secretary`
Sashadhar Choudhury, who was released from the Guwahati
Central Jail on bail, on Tuesday hoped that talks with the
government would be held soon for a peaceful solution to the
Talking to waiting mediapersons outside the jail,
Choudhury said the discussions, which would be held soon in a
peaceful environment, would ultimately solve the ULFA problem.
"Because of the people and their desire for settlement
of the conflict that we (top ULFA leaders) have been released
from jail. Our release was possible also due to the endeavour
of the Jatiya Abhibartan (National Convention of the state`s
intellectuals)," he said.
"We have been underground for 27 years but the
conflict is not greater than the people. An agenda for the
talks would be prepared and all the demands of the people will
be taken up," Choudhury said.
The top ULFA leader also expressed his gratitude to
the government, the judiciary and jail authorities along with
Choudhry, who was received by a large number of his
relatives and supporters outside the jail, later left for his
native place Helosa in Nalbari district.
Choudhury and ULFA ‘finance secretary’ Chitraban
Hazarika were granted bail yesterday by the Special TADA Court
here, paving the way for the release of all top jailed leaders
of the outfit to take the peace process forward.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: SC to hear plea next week on FIR against 'bribe-takers'
- Wow! KFC India to replace plastic packaging with edible bowls!
- UN blacklists Indian-flagged cargo vessel carrying Libyan oil
- One minute of intense exercise can help you stay fit!
- Don't refer Bhagat Singh, Chandra Shekhar Azad as terrorists: HRD Ministry to DU