ULFA `foreign secretary` released from jail
Guwahati: ULFA `foreign Secretary`
Sashadhar Choudhury, who was released from the Guwahati
Central Jail on bail, on Tuesday hoped that talks with the
government would be held soon for a peaceful solution to the
Talking to waiting mediapersons outside the jail,
Choudhury said the discussions, which would be held soon in a
peaceful environment, would ultimately solve the ULFA problem.
"Because of the people and their desire for settlement
of the conflict that we (top ULFA leaders) have been released
from jail. Our release was possible also due to the endeavour
of the Jatiya Abhibartan (National Convention of the state`s
intellectuals)," he said.
"We have been underground for 27 years but the
conflict is not greater than the people. An agenda for the
talks would be prepared and all the demands of the people will
be taken up," Choudhury said.
The top ULFA leader also expressed his gratitude to
the government, the judiciary and jail authorities along with
Choudhry, who was received by a large number of his
relatives and supporters outside the jail, later left for his
native place Helosa in Nalbari district.
Choudhury and ULFA ‘finance secretary’ Chitraban
Hazarika were granted bail yesterday by the Special TADA Court
here, paving the way for the release of all top jailed leaders
of the outfit to take the peace process forward.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Make your smoothie a successful summer diet with these magical ingredients!
- Delhi govt introduces 'Change-makers in education' fellowship
- Brexit will greatly weaken EU, says European Commission Vice-President Maros Sefcovic
- SHOCKING! This model ran sex racket under guise of production house in Mumbai's Versova, arrested
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'