ULFA `foreign secretary` released from jail
Guwahati: ULFA `foreign Secretary`
Sashadhar Choudhury, who was released from the Guwahati
Central Jail on bail, on Tuesday hoped that talks with the
government would be held soon for a peaceful solution to the
Talking to waiting mediapersons outside the jail,
Choudhury said the discussions, which would be held soon in a
peaceful environment, would ultimately solve the ULFA problem.
"Because of the people and their desire for settlement
of the conflict that we (top ULFA leaders) have been released
from jail. Our release was possible also due to the endeavour
of the Jatiya Abhibartan (National Convention of the state`s
intellectuals)," he said.
"We have been underground for 27 years but the
conflict is not greater than the people. An agenda for the
talks would be prepared and all the demands of the people will
be taken up," Choudhury said.
The top ULFA leader also expressed his gratitude to
the government, the judiciary and jail authorities along with
Choudhry, who was received by a large number of his
relatives and supporters outside the jail, later left for his
native place Helosa in Nalbari district.
Choudhury and ULFA ‘finance secretary’ Chitraban
Hazarika were granted bail yesterday by the Special TADA Court
here, paving the way for the release of all top jailed leaders
of the outfit to take the peace process forward.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown