ULFA militant arrested with RDX near Guwahati refinery
Guwahati: An ULFA militant has been arrested
near the IOC refinery here and a kg of RDX and other
bomb-making material have been seized from him, police said.
According to police, the man was spotted at around 9.30
pm Saturday night near the refinery in Noonmati area by a joint
team of police and CRPF during routine patrolling.
He was walking along the railway line near the Sector 3
area of the refinery complex, they said, adding when he was
asked to stop, he tried to run away, but was captured.
Police seized one kilogram of RDX, half kg of cycle
iron balls and half kg of screws from the arrested man
identified as Dharmendra Kalita. He belongs to the ULFA`s `109
battalion`, police said.
The explosives were probably brought for carrying out
blasts at the refinery and nearby places, police sources said
adding the man is being interrogated.
Meanwhile, security has been tightened in the areas close
to the refinery.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Centuries-old fair symbolising maize blossom begins in Himachal
- 2016 Olympics: Russia escape blanket ban, but IOC bars whistle-blower from Rio Games
- Pakistan Daily calls Nawaz Sharif's statement on Kashmir 'wishful thinking and unrealistic'
- Hungarian Grand Prix: Record fifth win sends Lewis Hamilton top
- Olympian predicts record medal haul from Indian shooters at 2016 Rio Games