ULFA militant arrested with RDX near Guwahati refinery
Guwahati: An ULFA militant has been arrested
near the IOC refinery here and a kg of RDX and other
bomb-making material have been seized from him, police said.
According to police, the man was spotted at around 9.30
pm Saturday night near the refinery in Noonmati area by a joint
team of police and CRPF during routine patrolling.
He was walking along the railway line near the Sector 3
area of the refinery complex, they said, adding when he was
asked to stop, he tried to run away, but was captured.
Police seized one kilogram of RDX, half kg of cycle
iron balls and half kg of screws from the arrested man
identified as Dharmendra Kalita. He belongs to the ULFA`s `109
battalion`, police said.
The explosives were probably brought for carrying out
blasts at the refinery and nearby places, police sources said
adding the man is being interrogated.
Meanwhile, security has been tightened in the areas close
to the refinery.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!