ULFA militant killed
Goalpara: Security forces today
claimed to have killed an ULFA militant who executed the July
30 IED blast on a CRPF vehicle killing five jawans and causing
injuries to 44 others.
According to sources, one amongst the two ULFA cadres--
killed by a joint team of police and CRPF here yesterday-- was
Francis Rabha (26) who executed the deadly attack on a CRPF
bus at Bhalukbudi which was carrying troops of the CRPF`s 12th
battalion `E` Company on July 30.
"Rabha had executed the Improvised Explosive Device (IED)
attack on July 30 on the Central force`s bus that was
returning after its personnel undertook an Army training
exercise," a senior CRPF officer said.
Rabha and his slain associate Pathak Rabha (20) were
affiliated to the `109 battalion` of ULFA.
They fired at the security personnel during routine
patrolling by forces at Doosrapara Matia under Goalpara police
station before being killed yesterday, police sources said.
As the personnel pursued the ultras inside the jungles,
an exchange of fire ensued and the two militants were killed
at around 5 am.
An AK-47 rifle, Chinese-make hand grenade, a 9-mm pistol,
43 rounds of ammunition, few rounds of INSAS rifles were
recovered from the slain ultras.
On July 30, the IED placed near a bridge exploded when a
bus carrying the Central Reserve Police Force personnel to
Goalpara town from Agiya Balijana camp passed through it.
Four of the jawans died on the spot while the fifth
succumbed after reaching the hospital.
After the incident, ULFA publicity wing member Anu
Buragohain called up TV channels in Assam claiming
responsibility for the attack, while asserting that the
underground outfit`s long silence should not be read as a sign
He also demanded that the government show its
responsibility towards holding talks with his organisation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Brexit consequence: British thaali may give Indian lady's finger a miss
- Ajay Devgn to star in Rohit Shetty's 'Golmaal 4'! Details inside
- WATCH: Harbhajan Singh was up against a wrestler...See What Happened Next...
- After NSG setback, India joins Missile Technology Control Regime as full member; China awaits membership
- Hrithik Roshan – Kangana Ranaut legal tussle: Everything will come out soon, says actor