UNC relaxes `ban` on central projects in Manipur
Imphal: The United Naga Council (UNC) has decided to relax its `ban` on construction of Centrally-sponsored `Trans Asian Railway Line` and `Power Grid Line` in Manipur, UNC sources said on Thursday.
The decision followed a tripartite meeting of central and state government representatives and UNC leaders in New Delhi on August 30.
The UNC had issued the `ban` demanding an `alternative arrangement` (separate administrative unit) for the Nagas in Manipur.
Official sources said August 30 meeting was the sixth round of talks between representatives of central and state governments and UNC leaders on the demand.
Chief Minister Okram Ibobi Singh had earlier turned down their demand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand