Unity among all communities needed to develop Arunachal: MoS
Itanagar: Union Minister of State for Minority Affairs Ninong Ering on Monday stressed on the need of fostering unity among all communities to bring long-term development.
Addressing a meeting at East Siang district today, the minister said the UPA government was ready to provide all possible help to develop the state.
However, due to non furnishing of utilisation certificates of projects in time, the subsequent instalment of funds get delayed, Ering said.
To a memorandum, the minister assured of providing Rs 25 lakh for the Multi Sectoral Development Program (MSDP) and also of taking up flood control works in the area with the state and central governments.
Earlier, interacting with the villagers of Kora village, the minister was informed about the acute shortage of drinking water to which Ering instructed the concerned department to prepare a scheme under Model Village Lift Water Supply and promised to provide Rs 60 lakh for the project, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof