Unity among all communities needed to develop Arunachal: MoS
Itanagar: Union Minister of State for Minority Affairs Ninong Ering on Monday stressed on the need of fostering unity among all communities to bring long-term development.
Addressing a meeting at East Siang district today, the minister said the UPA government was ready to provide all possible help to develop the state.
However, due to non furnishing of utilisation certificates of projects in time, the subsequent instalment of funds get delayed, Ering said.
To a memorandum, the minister assured of providing Rs 25 lakh for the Multi Sectoral Development Program (MSDP) and also of taking up flood control works in the area with the state and central governments.
Earlier, interacting with the villagers of Kora village, the minister was informed about the acute shortage of drinking water to which Ering instructed the concerned department to prepare a scheme under Model Village Lift Water Supply and promised to provide Rs 60 lakh for the project, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?