Unity among all communities needed to develop Arunachal: MoS
Itanagar: Union Minister of State for Minority Affairs Ninong Ering on Monday stressed on the need of fostering unity among all communities to bring long-term development.
Addressing a meeting at East Siang district today, the minister said the UPA government was ready to provide all possible help to develop the state.
However, due to non furnishing of utilisation certificates of projects in time, the subsequent instalment of funds get delayed, Ering said.
To a memorandum, the minister assured of providing Rs 25 lakh for the Multi Sectoral Development Program (MSDP) and also of taking up flood control works in the area with the state and central governments.
Earlier, interacting with the villagers of Kora village, the minister was informed about the acute shortage of drinking water to which Ering instructed the concerned department to prepare a scheme under Model Village Lift Water Supply and promised to provide Rs 60 lakh for the project, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch