UNLF trying to join hands with Maoists
New Delhi: In what could pose a grave threat to the country’s internal security, the United National Liberation Front, which is active in the North-East, is aiming to establish relationship with the CPI(Maoists).
According to exclusive details available with Zee News, eleven top rung cadres of the banned UNLF, who were recently nabbed by the Assam Police, have revealed that the top leadership of the dreaded organisation is aiming to partner with the Maoists and support them at all possible levels.
The arrested cadres have also revealed that the Manipur Peoples Army (MPA) - the armed wing of the UNLF – is trying to recruit educated and competent youth in order to further strengthen and intensify its movement.
UNLF, which is the largest and the oldest Meitei insurgent group in the North-East region, has amassed a huge stock pile of arms and ammunition and established a well entrenched extortion network spread across all segments of the region’s economy.
Over the years, the organisation has grown to contain several separate functional departments that are engaged in a wide range of activities including recruitment, training, acquiring weaponry, money extortion and disbursing compensation and wages to serving cadres’ families etc.
The confidential revelations made by the arrested men are alarming and warrant urgent action and greater co-ordination among various security agencies, Centre and state governments to counter them.
These cadres were arrested in a major operation launched by Assam Police following crucial inputs from the Intelligence Bureau on the intervening night of August 18-19 from Guwahati.
During the operation, five laptops, one satellite phone, twenty mobile handsets, three digital camera, Rs 2.64 lakhs in cash, three ATM cards, two Axis bank credit cards, two PAN cards and six pen drives containing crucial information about the administrative set-up were recovered by the Assam Police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video