UPDF chief among seven militants arrested in AP
Itanagar: The `Commander-in-Chief` Sumna Munglang and six of his associates of the militant outfit United People’s Democratic Front (UPDF) were arrested with arms and ammunition from Mimi village of Arunachal Pradesh, an official report said today.
In a joint operation by the 12 Assam Regiment and state police caught Munglang and six rebels of the outfit from the village in Lohit district on Monday last, the report said.
The arms and ammunition seized include an AK-56 rifle, one M-21 rifle, a 12-bore gun, an air rifle, a pistol, 82 rounds of 7.62mm bullet, 10 pistol rounds, 3 hand grenades, 5 daos, 11 detonators and 10 IED circuits. Besides an amount of Rs 1,86,600 was also recovered from them.
Munglang resurfaced in the area two years after killing a cadre of `Arunachal Dragon Force`. He was also involved in several incidents of extortion, kidnapping and killing in the area, the report said.
The state Governor JJ Singh today congratulated the security personnel on its successful operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand