UPDF chief among seven militants arrested in AP
Itanagar: The `Commander-in-Chief` Sumna Munglang and six of his associates of the militant outfit United People’s Democratic Front (UPDF) were arrested with arms and ammunition from Mimi village of Arunachal Pradesh, an official report said today.
In a joint operation by the 12 Assam Regiment and state police caught Munglang and six rebels of the outfit from the village in Lohit district on Monday last, the report said.
The arms and ammunition seized include an AK-56 rifle, one M-21 rifle, a 12-bore gun, an air rifle, a pistol, 82 rounds of 7.62mm bullet, 10 pistol rounds, 3 hand grenades, 5 daos, 11 detonators and 10 IED circuits. Besides an amount of Rs 1,86,600 was also recovered from them.
Munglang resurfaced in the area two years after killing a cadre of `Arunachal Dragon Force`. He was also involved in several incidents of extortion, kidnapping and killing in the area, the report said.
The state Governor JJ Singh today congratulated the security personnel on its successful operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’