UPDF chief among seven militants arrested in AP
Itanagar: The `Commander-in-Chief` Sumna Munglang and six of his associates of the militant outfit United People’s Democratic Front (UPDF) were arrested with arms and ammunition from Mimi village of Arunachal Pradesh, an official report said today.
In a joint operation by the 12 Assam Regiment and state police caught Munglang and six rebels of the outfit from the village in Lohit district on Monday last, the report said.
The arms and ammunition seized include an AK-56 rifle, one M-21 rifle, a 12-bore gun, an air rifle, a pistol, 82 rounds of 7.62mm bullet, 10 pistol rounds, 3 hand grenades, 5 daos, 11 detonators and 10 IED circuits. Besides an amount of Rs 1,86,600 was also recovered from them.
Munglang resurfaced in the area two years after killing a cadre of `Arunachal Dragon Force`. He was also involved in several incidents of extortion, kidnapping and killing in the area, the report said.
The state Governor JJ Singh today congratulated the security personnel on its successful operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why