UPDF chief among seven militants arrested in AP
Itanagar: The `Commander-in-Chief` Sumna Munglang and six of his associates of the militant outfit United People’s Democratic Front (UPDF) were arrested with arms and ammunition from Mimi village of Arunachal Pradesh, an official report said today.
In a joint operation by the 12 Assam Regiment and state police caught Munglang and six rebels of the outfit from the village in Lohit district on Monday last, the report said.
The arms and ammunition seized include an AK-56 rifle, one M-21 rifle, a 12-bore gun, an air rifle, a pistol, 82 rounds of 7.62mm bullet, 10 pistol rounds, 3 hand grenades, 5 daos, 11 detonators and 10 IED circuits. Besides an amount of Rs 1,86,600 was also recovered from them.
Munglang resurfaced in the area two years after killing a cadre of `Arunachal Dragon Force`. He was also involved in several incidents of extortion, kidnapping and killing in the area, the report said.
The state Governor JJ Singh today congratulated the security personnel on its successful operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!