Uproar in Tripura assembly over chit fund issue
Agartala: Tripura Assembly Monday witnessed uproarious scenes over the future of the depositors of a chit fund operator Rose Valley.
During the zero hour, leader of the opposition Ratan Lal Nath demanded a statement from Chief Minister Manik Sarkar if the deposits of the customers of Rose valley were safe.
Sarkar referred the matter to Finance Minister Badal Chowdhury, who said the company has no license from RBI or SEBI.
He said a team of state government officials and police had raided the company office on Friday last and arrested two officials of the company, but the office was not closed.
Chowdhury said the company had made a transaction of Rs 196.88 crore in the last financial year in the state, but could not show accounts of Rs 110 crore, so the officials were arrested.
The Finance Minister said the state government was trying it`s best to protect the interests of the depositors and the state government had never made any compromise in protecting the interests of the depositors.
The opposition bench led by Sudip Roy Burman, MLA and Tripura Pradesh Congress president and leader of the opposition Ratan Lal Nath started insisting for a statement from the Finance Minister that the interest of the depositors were protected.
At one point of time the entire opposition rushed to the podium and started shouting at Speaker Ramendra Debnath demanding assurance from the government.
The Speaker then adjourned the house till 2 pm.
Later, Nath and Burman alleged that there was a clandestine transaction of money between the ruling CPI-M and Rose Valley and added, the Agartala Municipal Corporation (AMC) also issued trade license to the company.
"When RBI and SEBI did not give them license, why the AMC run by the ruling party issued license for them?", he questioned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump