Uproar in Tripura assembly over chit fund issue
Agartala: Tripura Assembly Monday witnessed uproarious scenes over the future of the depositors of a chit fund operator Rose Valley.
During the zero hour, leader of the opposition Ratan Lal Nath demanded a statement from Chief Minister Manik Sarkar if the deposits of the customers of Rose valley were safe.
Sarkar referred the matter to Finance Minister Badal Chowdhury, who said the company has no license from RBI or SEBI.
He said a team of state government officials and police had raided the company office on Friday last and arrested two officials of the company, but the office was not closed.
Chowdhury said the company had made a transaction of Rs 196.88 crore in the last financial year in the state, but could not show accounts of Rs 110 crore, so the officials were arrested.
The Finance Minister said the state government was trying it`s best to protect the interests of the depositors and the state government had never made any compromise in protecting the interests of the depositors.
The opposition bench led by Sudip Roy Burman, MLA and Tripura Pradesh Congress president and leader of the opposition Ratan Lal Nath started insisting for a statement from the Finance Minister that the interest of the depositors were protected.
At one point of time the entire opposition rushed to the podium and started shouting at Speaker Ramendra Debnath demanding assurance from the government.
The Speaker then adjourned the house till 2 pm.
Later, Nath and Burman alleged that there was a clandestine transaction of money between the ruling CPI-M and Rose Valley and added, the Agartala Municipal Corporation (AMC) also issued trade license to the company.
"When RBI and SEBI did not give them license, why the AMC run by the ruling party issued license for them?", he questioned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations