Vakkom B Purusothaman new governor of Mizoram
Aizawl: Vakkom B Purusothaman, 83, was sworn-in as the 11th Governor of Mizoram here on Friday.
Chief Justice of the Guwahati High Court Madan Bhimarao Lokur administered the oath of office and secrecy to the new governor at a simple function in Raj Bhavan, attended by Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla, his cabinet colleagues, state Assembly Speaker R Romawia and others.
A veteran Congressman, Purusothaman served in his native state Kerala as minister and assembly speaker and also was elected to the Lok Sabha.
After being sworn-in, the new governor, who replaced Lt General Madan Mohan Lakhera, said, he felt his task in the state would not be difficult as the people of Mizoram have faith in the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city