Vakkom B Purusothaman new governor of Mizoram
Aizawl: Vakkom B Purusothaman, 83, was sworn-in as the 11th Governor of Mizoram here on Friday.
Chief Justice of the Guwahati High Court Madan Bhimarao Lokur administered the oath of office and secrecy to the new governor at a simple function in Raj Bhavan, attended by Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla, his cabinet colleagues, state Assembly Speaker R Romawia and others.
A veteran Congressman, Purusothaman served in his native state Kerala as minister and assembly speaker and also was elected to the Lok Sabha.
After being sworn-in, the new governor, who replaced Lt General Madan Mohan Lakhera, said, he felt his task in the state would not be difficult as the people of Mizoram have faith in the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire