Vakkom B Purusothaman new governor of Mizoram
Aizawl: Vakkom B Purusothaman, 83, was sworn-in as the 11th Governor of Mizoram here on Friday.
Chief Justice of the Guwahati High Court Madan Bhimarao Lokur administered the oath of office and secrecy to the new governor at a simple function in Raj Bhavan, attended by Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla, his cabinet colleagues, state Assembly Speaker R Romawia and others.
A veteran Congressman, Purusothaman served in his native state Kerala as minister and assembly speaker and also was elected to the Lok Sabha.
After being sworn-in, the new governor, who replaced Lt General Madan Mohan Lakhera, said, he felt his task in the state would not be difficult as the people of Mizoram have faith in the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates
- 'Rustom' POSTER: Akshay Kumar's intense act will leave you asking for more!