Vice President Hamid Ansari to visit Sikkim on Aug 28-29
Gangtok: A high level meeting was held here n Tuesday to review the preparations for the proposed two-day visit of Vice President Hamid Ansari to Sikkim beginning on August 28.
Ansari would become the first Vice President to be visiting Sikkim for the second time while in office, a press release issued by the Information and Public Relations Department of the Sikkim government said.
He had visited Sikkim four years ago when he laid the foundation stone for the rail link at Rangpo.
All security concerns were taken into consideration at the meeting and the state Home Secretary was asked to coordinate with the office of the Vice President, the release said.
During the forthcoming visit, the Vice President will will be meeting political leaders and other important personalities on August 28.
The following day he will be participating in an interactive session with students of Sikkim Manipal University at 5th Mile, Tadong before leaving for New Delhi the same day, the release said.
Governor Shriniwas Patil and Chief Minister Pawan Chamling along with other cabinet ministers, Chief Secretary and the DGP will be receiving the Vice President at Libing helipad on August 28, the release said.
The state has also made arrangements for road transportation of the Vice President from Bagdogra airport in West Bengal in case of bad weather, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site
- Shocking! In Madhya Pradesh, child dies after given nitrous oxide instead of oxygen