Vice President Hamid Ansari to visit Sikkim on Aug 28-29
Gangtok: A high level meeting was held here n Tuesday to review the preparations for the proposed two-day visit of Vice President Hamid Ansari to Sikkim beginning on August 28.
Ansari would become the first Vice President to be visiting Sikkim for the second time while in office, a press release issued by the Information and Public Relations Department of the Sikkim government said.
He had visited Sikkim four years ago when he laid the foundation stone for the rail link at Rangpo.
All security concerns were taken into consideration at the meeting and the state Home Secretary was asked to coordinate with the office of the Vice President, the release said.
During the forthcoming visit, the Vice President will will be meeting political leaders and other important personalities on August 28.
The following day he will be participating in an interactive session with students of Sikkim Manipal University at 5th Mile, Tadong before leaving for New Delhi the same day, the release said.
Governor Shriniwas Patil and Chief Minister Pawan Chamling along with other cabinet ministers, Chief Secretary and the DGP will be receiving the Vice President at Libing helipad on August 28, the release said.
The state has also made arrangements for road transportation of the Vice President from Bagdogra airport in West Bengal in case of bad weather, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video