Vice President Hamid Ansari to visit Sikkim on Aug 28-29
Gangtok: A high level meeting was held here n Tuesday to review the preparations for the proposed two-day visit of Vice President Hamid Ansari to Sikkim beginning on August 28.
Ansari would become the first Vice President to be visiting Sikkim for the second time while in office, a press release issued by the Information and Public Relations Department of the Sikkim government said.
He had visited Sikkim four years ago when he laid the foundation stone for the rail link at Rangpo.
All security concerns were taken into consideration at the meeting and the state Home Secretary was asked to coordinate with the office of the Vice President, the release said.
During the forthcoming visit, the Vice President will will be meeting political leaders and other important personalities on August 28.
The following day he will be participating in an interactive session with students of Sikkim Manipal University at 5th Mile, Tadong before leaving for New Delhi the same day, the release said.
Governor Shriniwas Patil and Chief Minister Pawan Chamling along with other cabinet ministers, Chief Secretary and the DGP will be receiving the Vice President at Libing helipad on August 28, the release said.
The state has also made arrangements for road transportation of the Vice President from Bagdogra airport in West Bengal in case of bad weather, the release said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?