Vigilance books ASP in disproportionate assets case
Gangtok: A senior Sikkim Police officer has been booked for possessing assets disproportionate to his known sources of income.
The Vigilance Directorate carried out raids at two residences of the official here, top vigilance sources said tonight.
The official was formerly the Vigilance Officer at the Forest Department and had recently been transferred as ASP, Jails.
He has been charged of being in possession of assets disproportionate to his known sources of income to the tune of Rs 50 lakh.
The case was registered on January 23 and a raid was conducted next day. During the raids several documents are stated to have been seized by the Vigilance sleuths, the sources said.
The house at Sichey in Gangtok was searched late on the evening of January 24 and the one at Development Area was raided on January 25.
According to information received, the Vigilance police seized several documents related to the assets of the ASP, both movable and immovable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you