Vigilance books ASP in disproportionate assets case
Gangtok: A senior Sikkim Police officer has been booked for possessing assets disproportionate to his known sources of income.
The Vigilance Directorate carried out raids at two residences of the official here, top vigilance sources said tonight.
The official was formerly the Vigilance Officer at the Forest Department and had recently been transferred as ASP, Jails.
He has been charged of being in possession of assets disproportionate to his known sources of income to the tune of Rs 50 lakh.
The case was registered on January 23 and a raid was conducted next day. During the raids several documents are stated to have been seized by the Vigilance sleuths, the sources said.
The house at Sichey in Gangtok was searched late on the evening of January 24 and the one at Development Area was raided on January 25.
According to information received, the Vigilance police seized several documents related to the assets of the ASP, both movable and immovable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!