Vigilance books ASP in disproportionate assets case
Gangtok: A senior Sikkim Police officer has been booked for possessing assets disproportionate to his known sources of income.
The Vigilance Directorate carried out raids at two residences of the official here, top vigilance sources said tonight.
The official was formerly the Vigilance Officer at the Forest Department and had recently been transferred as ASP, Jails.
He has been charged of being in possession of assets disproportionate to his known sources of income to the tune of Rs 50 lakh.
The case was registered on January 23 and a raid was conducted next day. During the raids several documents are stated to have been seized by the Vigilance sleuths, the sources said.
The house at Sichey in Gangtok was searched late on the evening of January 24 and the one at Development Area was raided on January 25.
According to information received, the Vigilance police seized several documents related to the assets of the ASP, both movable and immovable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Parliament deadlock: BJP says blame Sonia if Monsoon Session washed out, calls Congress 'confused'