Vigilance books ASP in disproportionate assets case
Gangtok: A senior Sikkim Police officer has been booked for possessing assets disproportionate to his known sources of income.
The Vigilance Directorate carried out raids at two residences of the official here, top vigilance sources said tonight.
The official was formerly the Vigilance Officer at the Forest Department and had recently been transferred as ASP, Jails.
He has been charged of being in possession of assets disproportionate to his known sources of income to the tune of Rs 50 lakh.
The case was registered on January 23 and a raid was conducted next day. During the raids several documents are stated to have been seized by the Vigilance sleuths, the sources said.
The house at Sichey in Gangtok was searched late on the evening of January 24 and the one at Development Area was raided on January 25.
According to information received, the Vigilance police seized several documents related to the assets of the ASP, both movable and immovable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Mehbooba in Delhi, to meet PM Modi on Saturday
- More than 8 lakh people affected by flood in UP
- Virender Sehwag fulfills Sakshi Malik's desire to meet him; this tweet tells how GLAD he is
- Asked to remove pugree at US embassy, BJP MP refuses to take visa
- Pink Ball Test: Jury still out on sighting, no reverse swing for pacers or turn for spinners