Village chief gunned down in Manipur
Imphal: A 60-year old village chief was shot dead at his house by some gunmen in Manipur`s interior Churachandpur district bordering with Myanmar and Mizoram, a delayed official report said here on Sunday.
The gunmen barged into the house of Henkholal Haokip at S Nabil village under Moirang police station on Friday night and shot him dead from point blank range.
Haokip`s body was handed over to his family members after postmortem.
His eldest son Nehlenlal alleged that a former MLA and his associates were behind the murder.
The ex-MLA allegedly had been pressurising the family to hand over some village lands to a group of people of his choice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader