Village chief gunned down in Manipur
Imphal: A 60-year old village chief was shot dead at his house by some gunmen in Manipur`s interior Churachandpur district bordering with Myanmar and Mizoram, a delayed official report said here on Sunday.
The gunmen barged into the house of Henkholal Haokip at S Nabil village under Moirang police station on Friday night and shot him dead from point blank range.
Haokip`s body was handed over to his family members after postmortem.
His eldest son Nehlenlal alleged that a former MLA and his associates were behind the murder.
The ex-MLA allegedly had been pressurising the family to hand over some village lands to a group of people of his choice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video