Village chief gunned down in Manipur
Imphal: A 60-year old village chief was shot dead at his house by some gunmen in Manipur`s interior Churachandpur district bordering with Myanmar and Mizoram, a delayed official report said here on Sunday.
The gunmen barged into the house of Henkholal Haokip at S Nabil village under Moirang police station on Friday night and shot him dead from point blank range.
Haokip`s body was handed over to his family members after postmortem.
His eldest son Nehlenlal alleged that a former MLA and his associates were behind the murder.
The ex-MLA allegedly had been pressurising the family to hand over some village lands to a group of people of his choice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Had I stayed with AB de Villiers a little longer, it would have been different: Virat Kohli
- IPL 2016: Individual awards for outstanding players
- IPL 2016 final: It was a total team effort, says SRH's captain David Warner
- MNS to file FIR against AIB comedian Tanmay Bhat’s video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar today
- Islamic State selling sex slaves on Facebook for $8,000