Villagers lynch two men in Tripura
Agartala: A mob hacked to death two elderly men and critically injured another in Tripura mistaking them to be child lifters, police said here on Sunday.
According to police, the victims, Abdul Rupkhan, 50, and Raj Kumar Chowdhury, 60, and Nirmal Sarkar, 55, with their two grand children were praying at their ancestral land at Manikpur in northern Tripura, 160 km north of here, Saturday night when the villagers lynched them, mistaking them to be child-lifters.
Abdul Rupkhan, is a resident of Karimganj in southern Assam while Raj Kumar Chowdhury is inhabitant of northern Tripura.
"A mob severely beat Abdul, Raj Kumar and Nirmal Sarkar mistaking them to be childlifters. Abdul and Raj Kumar died on the spot while Nirmal has been shifted to the hospital," sub-divisional police officer Nabadwip Jamatia said by phone.
Police have arrested three people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed