Villagers lynch two men in Tripura
Agartala: A mob hacked to death two elderly men and critically injured another in Tripura mistaking them to be child lifters, police said here on Sunday.
According to police, the victims, Abdul Rupkhan, 50, and Raj Kumar Chowdhury, 60, and Nirmal Sarkar, 55, with their two grand children were praying at their ancestral land at Manikpur in northern Tripura, 160 km north of here, Saturday night when the villagers lynched them, mistaking them to be child-lifters.
Abdul Rupkhan, is a resident of Karimganj in southern Assam while Raj Kumar Chowdhury is inhabitant of northern Tripura.
"A mob severely beat Abdul, Raj Kumar and Nirmal Sarkar mistaking them to be childlifters. Abdul and Raj Kumar died on the spot while Nirmal has been shifted to the hospital," sub-divisional police officer Nabadwip Jamatia said by phone.
Police have arrested three people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days