Vinod Kumar Duggal sworn in as governor of Mizoram
Aizawl, Aug: Manipur Governor Vinod Kumar Duggal, appointed to take additional gubernatorial charge of Mizoram, was sworn-in here this evening.
Justice LS Jamir, sitting judge at the Aizawl Permanent Bench of the Gauhati High Court administered the oath of office to Duggal in the presence of acting chief minister R Lalzirliana, ministers and other dignitaries at a function in the the Raj Bhavan here.
Duggal, who arrived here today, replaced Dr Kamla Beniwal who was sacked on Wednesday after being the Mizoram governor for a month.
Duggal, a retired IAS officer, had served in Mizoram since mid-1973 till late 1976 as Additional District Magistrate and District Magistrate. Later, he also served as Union Home secretary and was appointed as the Manipur governor on December 31, 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- SHOCKING! This model ran sex racket under guise of production house in Mumbai's Versova, arrested
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'
- Theatre doyen Kavalam Narayana Panicker passes away; he was 88
- AugustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: None will be spared, asserts Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar
- British politics in turmoil as Brexit talks loom