Vinod Kumar Duggal sworn in as governor of Mizoram
Aizawl, Aug: Manipur Governor Vinod Kumar Duggal, appointed to take additional gubernatorial charge of Mizoram, was sworn-in here this evening.
Justice LS Jamir, sitting judge at the Aizawl Permanent Bench of the Gauhati High Court administered the oath of office to Duggal in the presence of acting chief minister R Lalzirliana, ministers and other dignitaries at a function in the the Raj Bhavan here.
Duggal, who arrived here today, replaced Dr Kamla Beniwal who was sacked on Wednesday after being the Mizoram governor for a month.
Duggal, a retired IAS officer, had served in Mizoram since mid-1973 till late 1976 as Additional District Magistrate and District Magistrate. Later, he also served as Union Home secretary and was appointed as the Manipur governor on December 31, 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!