Vinod Kumar Duggal sworn in as governor of Mizoram
Aizawl, Aug: Manipur Governor Vinod Kumar Duggal, appointed to take additional gubernatorial charge of Mizoram, was sworn-in here this evening.
Justice LS Jamir, sitting judge at the Aizawl Permanent Bench of the Gauhati High Court administered the oath of office to Duggal in the presence of acting chief minister R Lalzirliana, ministers and other dignitaries at a function in the the Raj Bhavan here.
Duggal, who arrived here today, replaced Dr Kamla Beniwal who was sacked on Wednesday after being the Mizoram governor for a month.
Duggal, a retired IAS officer, had served in Mizoram since mid-1973 till late 1976 as Additional District Magistrate and District Magistrate. Later, he also served as Union Home secretary and was appointed as the Manipur governor on December 31, 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray