Vinod Kumar Duggal to take oath as Mizoram Governor on Thursday
Aizawl: Manipur Governor Vinod Kumar Duggal, who has been given additional charge of Mizoram Governor, will be sworn-in at the Raj Bhavan here on Friday, state protocol department officials on Thursday said.
The officials said Duggal would be arriving at 12.20 PM at the Lengpui Airport where he would be accorded a customary ceremonial guard of honour and would be received by acting Chief Minister R Lalzirliana and other dignitaries.
Meanwhile, outgoing Governor Dr Kamla Beniwal would be leaving the Raj Bhavan here at 2 PM and would be accorded the ceremonial guard of honour and farewell by Lalzirliana, other ministers and senior officials, the officials said.
Beniwal was sworn-in as Mizoram Governor on July 9 last.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore