Vote-on-account submitted in Assam assembly
Guwahati: Assam government today submitted the vote-on-account for 2011-12 at the state assembly seeking Rs 11.741 crore as the term of the present assembly expires soon.
Submitting the vote on account Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi, who also holds the finance portfolio, said the demand for grants was for four months from April one, 2011 to July 31, 2011.
He said the government`s policy is to restart the all-round development process and achieve a growth rate of at least 7.5 per cent as compared to around 2.5 per cent prevailing prior to 2000-01.
Claiming that the financial position of the state had improved remarkably during his ten-year tenure, Gogoi said the government had not resorted to any overdraft from RBI.
"The economic turnaround would not have been possible without remarkable improvement of law and order situation and when my government came to power in May 2001, the state was in turmoil due to violence perpetrated by extremists groups like ULFA and NDFB", he said.
On resumption of office, his government took action for a four-pronged strategy to combat insurgency and as a result of which peace was now prevailing in the state, Gogoi said.
"Of late the released ULFA leaders under `chairman` Arabinda Rajkhowa have demonstrated their keenness in solving the decade-long insurgency problem and the peace initiative is progressing smoothly," he added.
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part II
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam -Part III
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part IV
- DNA : Why BJP is linking Rahul Gandhi to AgustaWestland scam
- Mamata Banerjee trying to influence polls with police help: CPI-M
- 63rd National Film Awards: Amitabh Bachchan, Kangana Ranaut receive top honours
- Apple will not be selling used iPhones in India
- Book auto rides on Jugnoo via Facebook messenger through these easy steps
- Find out: What Sunrisers Hyderabad's Yuvraj Singh is doing before his first IPL 9 game