Voting on for lone Rajya Sabha seat in Mizoram
Aizawl: Polling for the lone Rajya Sabha seat in Mizoram began on the state Assembly premises on Thursday morning.
The fate of the two candidates -- Ronald Sapa Tlau of the ruling Congress and L Ramkinlova of opposition Mizo National Front (MNF) -- would be decided by the 40-member Assembly today.
Polling began at 9 am and would conclude at 4 pm following which the counting will take place at 5 pm.
Congress has 34 legislators in the state Assembly while MNF has five. MNF`s junior partner, Mizoram People`s Conference, has one legislator.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations