Voting on for lone Rajya Sabha seat in Mizoram
Aizawl: Polling for the lone Rajya Sabha seat in Mizoram began on the state Assembly premises on Thursday morning.
The fate of the two candidates -- Ronald Sapa Tlau of the ruling Congress and L Ramkinlova of opposition Mizo National Front (MNF) -- would be decided by the 40-member Assembly today.
Polling began at 9 am and would conclude at 4 pm following which the counting will take place at 5 pm.
Congress has 34 legislators in the state Assembly while MNF has five. MNF`s junior partner, Mizoram People`s Conference, has one legislator.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees