Voting on for lone Rajya Sabha seat in Mizoram
Aizawl: Polling for the lone Rajya Sabha seat in Mizoram began on the state Assembly premises on Thursday morning.
The fate of the two candidates -- Ronald Sapa Tlau of the ruling Congress and L Ramkinlova of opposition Mizo National Front (MNF) -- would be decided by the 40-member Assembly today.
Polling began at 9 am and would conclude at 4 pm following which the counting will take place at 5 pm.
Congress has 34 legislators in the state Assembly while MNF has five. MNF`s junior partner, Mizoram People`s Conference, has one legislator.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?