Voting on for lone Rajya Sabha seat in Mizoram
Aizawl: Polling for the lone Rajya Sabha seat in Mizoram began on the state Assembly premises on Thursday morning.
The fate of the two candidates -- Ronald Sapa Tlau of the ruling Congress and L Ramkinlova of opposition Mizo National Front (MNF) -- would be decided by the 40-member Assembly today.
Polling began at 9 am and would conclude at 4 pm following which the counting will take place at 5 pm.
Congress has 34 legislators in the state Assembly while MNF has five. MNF`s junior partner, Mizoram People`s Conference, has one legislator.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Sundar Raman, tainted IPL franchises face uncertain future