Wave for change in Assam: Jaitley
Guwahati: A wave for change is sweeping Assam and would help BJP improve its presence in the state in the upcoming Assembly elections, senior BJP leader Arun Jaitley claimed here on Monday.
"There is a wave for change in Assam, there is an anti-incumbency feeling among the people. The polls are being held under a special situation with Congress in power both in the state and at the Centre. This time there is double
anti-incumbency feelings against the state and the central governments."
"Their (Congress) popularity is decreasing. Congress has no answer to its double anti-incumbency. Their numbers will be less this time than in the last elections", Jaitley told the media here.
He said BJP, which is fighting all the 126 seats in the Assembly, is confident of winning more seats this time and would determine the political agenda.
"We (BJP) will try to form the government," he said adding that the ruling Congress came to power under Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi after forming a coalition with others.
"Congress has two options now...either spend for the benefit of the people the money it has gathered for the polls or stop using illegal infiltrators as its vote bank," Jaitley said.
Accusing Congress of encouraging infiltration "only to increase its vote bank," he said, "This has put the country`s security at risk, increased its economic burden and changed its demographic pattern."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people