WB to give Rs 13,000 cr for power generation in NE
Silchar (Assam): World Bank would give Rs 13,000 crore for infrastructrual development of power generation facilities in the North East which would be executed by Power Grid Corporation of India (PGCIL).
PGCIL Chairman-cum-Managing Director R N Nayak said here today the company was keen to improve the power scenario in the region had executed several long term and short term projects in it.
Nayek was on a visit to the newly built 400/132 KV power substation at Srikona, near Silchar town which was completed by PGCIL in 14 months and it would start functioning by May 31.
``The station will receive 726 MW power from Palatana in Tripura and this will be distributed to Assam, Tripura, Meghalaya, Manipur and Mizoram which will greatly improve the power scenario of the region,`` he added.
Congratulating the people of the region for being helpful in executing the various projects of PGCIL but in other parts of the country they had to face several problems, particularly those related to land acquisition, Nayak said.
The PGCIL was building an 800 KV substation in Arunachal Pradesh and another substation at Byrnihat in Meghalaya which was nearing completion, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical