West African national arrested in Tripura
Agartala: A West African national was arrested from near Srimantapur check post in West Tripura district, about 40 KM from here, for entering Indian territory without valid passport from across Bangladesh, police said on Tuesday.
Police said a Sierra Leone national, identified as Amadu Kardgo (33), was arrested by BSF jawans and handed over to police on Monday.
Police said the person was carrying a fake passport and a fake Indian visa which he could register at the Bangladesh immigration office as they had no computer or online facility. After entering the Indian side, he was trying to escape without registration at the Indian check post at Srimantapur in Sonamura subdivision.
Police is interrogating him to assess if he had any link with any terrorist group and recovered 4200 US dollars and a few notes of Bangladeshi currency from his possession.
He was found to be a drug addict, police said. Earlier, Two South Africans were arrested in Sonamura subdivision of the district on February 16 with fake Indian currency of the face value of Rs. 60,000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi