West African national arrested in Tripura
Agartala: A West African national was arrested from near Srimantapur check post in West Tripura district, about 40 KM from here, for entering Indian territory without valid passport from across Bangladesh, police said on Tuesday.
Police said a Sierra Leone national, identified as Amadu Kardgo (33), was arrested by BSF jawans and handed over to police on Monday.
Police said the person was carrying a fake passport and a fake Indian visa which he could register at the Bangladesh immigration office as they had no computer or online facility. After entering the Indian side, he was trying to escape without registration at the Indian check post at Srimantapur in Sonamura subdivision.
Police is interrogating him to assess if he had any link with any terrorist group and recovered 4200 US dollars and a few notes of Bangladeshi currency from his possession.
He was found to be a drug addict, police said. Earlier, Two South Africans were arrested in Sonamura subdivision of the district on February 16 with fake Indian currency of the face value of Rs. 60,000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda