West African national arrested in Tripura
Agartala: A West African national was arrested from near Srimantapur check post in West Tripura district, about 40 KM from here, for entering Indian territory without valid passport from across Bangladesh, police said on Tuesday.
Police said a Sierra Leone national, identified as Amadu Kardgo (33), was arrested by BSF jawans and handed over to police on Monday.
Police said the person was carrying a fake passport and a fake Indian visa which he could register at the Bangladesh immigration office as they had no computer or online facility. After entering the Indian side, he was trying to escape without registration at the Indian check post at Srimantapur in Sonamura subdivision.
Police is interrogating him to assess if he had any link with any terrorist group and recovered 4200 US dollars and a few notes of Bangladeshi currency from his possession.
He was found to be a drug addict, police said. Earlier, Two South Africans were arrested in Sonamura subdivision of the district on February 16 with fake Indian currency of the face value of Rs. 60,000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued