When Sikkim Chief Minister was spelt `Thief Minister`
Zee Media Bureau
Gangtok: In what has surely come as a major embarrassment for the state education board in Sikkim, the state’s ‘Chief Minister’ has found mention as ‘Thief Minister’ in class V text books.
Not only this, the Elementary Environment Science text book, meant for class V students, contains other glaring errors like hectares which has been spelt as are `hectores` and certified as `cerelified`.
A Delhi-based publishing firm Tulip Publications has published the textbooks.
After the language errors were noticed in the textbook, the state authorities have suspended four officials and the teachers have been asked to proof read the content and make corrections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday