Woman arrested for attempting to sell off child
Guwahati: Abject poverty drove a woman
to attempt to sell off her infant son for a mere Rs One
thousand before she was arrested by the police here on Sunday.
The woman, identified as Anjali Saha, was trying to
sell off her child at Santipur area of the city when the local
people informed a NGO whose workers called the police.
The woman claimed that her husband who had abandoned
her was missing and nobody was willing to employ her with the
child, police said.
She claimed that she was left with no choice but to
sell off her child.
The police have taken both the woman and her child
into custody and was investigating the incident, sources
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena