Woman arrested for attempting to sell off child
Guwahati: Abject poverty drove a woman
to attempt to sell off her infant son for a mere Rs One
thousand before she was arrested by the police here on Sunday.
The woman, identified as Anjali Saha, was trying to
sell off her child at Santipur area of the city when the local
people informed a NGO whose workers called the police.
The woman claimed that her husband who had abandoned
her was missing and nobody was willing to employ her with the
child, police said.
She claimed that she was left with no choice but to
sell off her child.
The police have taken both the woman and her child
into custody and was investigating the incident, sources
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert