Woman, baby burnt to death in Tripura
Udaipur (Tripura): A woman and her two-year- old baby were allegedly burnt to death by her in-laws at Latuatilla in South Tripura district, police said on Tuesday.
"Sajal Nama, his two brothers and father poured kerosene on Mani Nama (26) and her baby Akash last night and then set them ablaze," Mani`s father Dulal Sarkar said in a complaint to police.
"Sajal, who was arrested, had been torturing Mani for dowry," Additional Superintendent of Police Jayanta Chakraborty said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials