Woman, baby burnt to death in Tripura
Udaipur (Tripura): A woman and her two-year- old baby were allegedly burnt to death by her in-laws at Latuatilla in South Tripura district, police said on Tuesday.
"Sajal Nama, his two brothers and father poured kerosene on Mani Nama (26) and her baby Akash last night and then set them ablaze," Mani`s father Dulal Sarkar said in a complaint to police.
"Sajal, who was arrested, had been torturing Mani for dowry," Additional Superintendent of Police Jayanta Chakraborty said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!