Woman judge sacked in Tripura
Agartala: A judge in Tripura has been dismissed from service for making derogatory remarks against the judges of higher courts, an official said on Sunday.
Sampa Nath`s dismissal has been endorsed by the Governor.
The former principal counselling officer of the family court in North Tripura was accused of making offensive and derogatory comments about the judges in other courts including the Supreme Court, Tripura Law Secretary Datamohan Jamatia said.
Nath, an officer of the Tripura Judicial Service, held a judicial post equivalent to that of the Chief Judicial Magistrate.
Jamatia said: "After she made the allegations, the Gauhati High Court had instituted an inquiry and she was suspended from service.
"After the probe, all the judges of the Gauhati High Court found no basis in her allegations."
- Nagaland HSLC (Class 10) Result 2016 to be declared today on May 3 at 12 noon
- Nagaland HSSLC (Class 12 on May ) Result 2016 to be declared today 3 at 12 noon
- VVIP chopper cam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi reaches CBI office for questioning
- Barack Obama has wish about Osama bin Laden`s last moments
- 162 children die in four months in Pakistan's Tharparkar district