Woman lynched on suspicion of practising witchcraft
Tezpur: An elderly woman was lynched by some tea garden workers on suspicion of practising witchcraft in Helem Tea Estate in Assam`s Sonitpur district on Thursday.
The 58-year old woman, identified as Martha Hora, was allegedly beaten up by some tea garden workers who alleged that she practised witchcraft due to which several people had fallen ill recently, police said.
The police have taken four persons into custody in connection with the case. A section of the residents of the tea garden further alleged that a girl child fell ill and the woman began treating her but she was not cured.
The child was later taken to another priest who alleged that the woman had practised witchcraft following which the villagers lynched her to death, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- New compound may help fight epilepsy
- 'Jethalal' promotes Varun Dhawan starrer 'Dishoom' by flaunting his unique swag! Watch video
- BIZARRE! Panchayat slaps Rs 5 lakh fine on Haryana school after Eid celebration
- Twinkle Khanna slams Naseeruddin Shah online! - Know why
- Singapore-based company develops robot therapist to help relieve muscle strains