Woman raped in interior hill district of Manipur
Imphal: A 20-year-old woman was allegedly raped by six personnel of the village defence force (VDF) in Interior Tamenglong district of Manipur.
The incident occurred on September 21 last while the woman was returning to her village Disland, officials said on Saturday.
The drunk VDP personnel, attached to Noney Police Station, started teasing the victim and then allegedly raped her in a nearby jungle.
The victim along with her husband lodged a complaint against the accused with Noney Police Station whose personnel arrested the six on September 22, they said, adding that all the six were terminated from their services on September 23 last.
The six, who have been remanded to Lamphel police station in Imphal west district by a local court till September 30, were identified as Paogu Lung, T Saluyen, Jan Thiyan, Paogun, Miginuyan and Katungai.
The victim underwent medical test at Regional Institute of Medical Science and Hospital here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa