Woman social activist arrested in Manipur
Imphal: A prominent woman social activist has
been arrested for her alleged links with Revolutionary
People`s Front (RPF), a major insurgent organisation in
Manipur, police said on Thursday.
Sanasam Ongbi Muktaleima (38), general secretary of a
major social women`s organisation Ima Leimarol Apunba Lup
(ILAL) of Churachandpur district, was arrested here on Tuesday
by commandos attached to Imphal West district police.
Although Muktaleima was arrested on Tuesday night, her
arrest was disclosed only today because she is a prominent
social activist and unless some evidence was found against
her, they (police) did not want to disclose it, officials
A small arm was seized from her possession, which police
said, she was going to deliver to a person for using it during
the 32nd foundation of the RPF on September 25.
The police claimed that Muktaleima had contact with a
person named `Loya` of the RPF to whom she used to provide
details about the security situation in the state.
RPF is the political wing of People`s Liberation Army
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Eurozone business activity strong despite Brexit: Survey
- India does not play for rankings, says Virat Kohli
- US backs Amnesty over India sedition case, says it respects group's right to express freely
- ''No Indian hand in Nepal government change''
- Daddy's little girl Priyanka Chopra remembers father on his third birth anniversary! See pic