Woman social activist arrested in Manipur
Imphal: A prominent woman social activist has
been arrested for her alleged links with Revolutionary
People`s Front (RPF), a major insurgent organisation in
Manipur, police said on Thursday.
Sanasam Ongbi Muktaleima (38), general secretary of a
major social women`s organisation Ima Leimarol Apunba Lup
(ILAL) of Churachandpur district, was arrested here on Tuesday
by commandos attached to Imphal West district police.
Although Muktaleima was arrested on Tuesday night, her
arrest was disclosed only today because she is a prominent
social activist and unless some evidence was found against
her, they (police) did not want to disclose it, officials
A small arm was seized from her possession, which police
said, she was going to deliver to a person for using it during
the 32nd foundation of the RPF on September 25.
The police claimed that Muktaleima had contact with a
person named `Loya` of the RPF to whom she used to provide
details about the security situation in the state.
RPF is the political wing of People`s Liberation Army
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- 'Quantico' diva Priyanka Chopra misses mommy during shoots!- See pic
- No trace of missing IAF AN-32 plane as yet; Defence Minister undertakes aerial survey
- 'Dishoom' promotions: Catch Jacqueline Fernandez-John Abraham-Varun Dhawan on 'The Kapil Sharma Show'
- Indian aid worker kidnapped in Afghanistan released
- Turkey will adhere to democratic principles, rule of law: Deputy PM