Woman social activist arrested in Manipur
Imphal: A prominent woman social activist has
been arrested for her alleged links with Revolutionary
People`s Front (RPF), a major insurgent organisation in
Manipur, police said on Thursday.
Sanasam Ongbi Muktaleima (38), general secretary of a
major social women`s organisation Ima Leimarol Apunba Lup
(ILAL) of Churachandpur district, was arrested here on Tuesday
by commandos attached to Imphal West district police.
Although Muktaleima was arrested on Tuesday night, her
arrest was disclosed only today because she is a prominent
social activist and unless some evidence was found against
her, they (police) did not want to disclose it, officials
A small arm was seized from her possession, which police
said, she was going to deliver to a person for using it during
the 32nd foundation of the RPF on September 25.
The police claimed that Muktaleima had contact with a
person named `Loya` of the RPF to whom she used to provide
details about the security situation in the state.
RPF is the political wing of People`s Liberation Army
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur