Woman social activist arrested in Manipur
Imphal: A prominent woman social activist has
been arrested for her alleged links with Revolutionary
People`s Front (RPF), a major insurgent organisation in
Manipur, police said on Thursday.
Sanasam Ongbi Muktaleima (38), general secretary of a
major social women`s organisation Ima Leimarol Apunba Lup
(ILAL) of Churachandpur district, was arrested here on Tuesday
by commandos attached to Imphal West district police.
Although Muktaleima was arrested on Tuesday night, her
arrest was disclosed only today because she is a prominent
social activist and unless some evidence was found against
her, they (police) did not want to disclose it, officials
A small arm was seized from her possession, which police
said, she was going to deliver to a person for using it during
the 32nd foundation of the RPF on September 25.
The police claimed that Muktaleima had contact with a
person named `Loya` of the RPF to whom she used to provide
details about the security situation in the state.
RPF is the political wing of People`s Liberation Army
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way