Woman, two daughters die of burn in Itanagar
Itanagar: A pregnant woman along with her two daughters were charred to death while six others received partial burn injury in a fire at Sigin colony in Upper Subansiri district of Arunachal Pradesh, the police said today.
The fire which broke out at around 10.45 pm yesterday also burnt down 34 houses and damaged 21 partially rendering 108 families homeless, official sources said here today.
The victims have been identified as Yaw Siyum (27) and her two daughters - Bonga Siyum (5) and Prety Siyum (18 months). Other six injured were rushed to a local hospital.
The cause of the fire is yet to be ascertained, sources said.
Upper Subansiri Deputy Commissioner Tahang Taggu visited the colony and alleged improper electrification in the houses and carelessness of the people while burning candle.
In a separate fire accident at 2 Mile area of Pasighat in East Siang district yesterday, a few motor garages along with houses were gutted last evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown