Woman, two daughters die of burn in Itanagar
Itanagar: A pregnant woman along with her two daughters were charred to death while six others received partial burn injury in a fire at Sigin colony in Upper Subansiri district of Arunachal Pradesh, the police said today.
The fire which broke out at around 10.45 pm yesterday also burnt down 34 houses and damaged 21 partially rendering 108 families homeless, official sources said here today.
The victims have been identified as Yaw Siyum (27) and her two daughters - Bonga Siyum (5) and Prety Siyum (18 months). Other six injured were rushed to a local hospital.
The cause of the fire is yet to be ascertained, sources said.
Upper Subansiri Deputy Commissioner Tahang Taggu visited the colony and alleged improper electrification in the houses and carelessness of the people while burning candle.
In a separate fire accident at 2 Mile area of Pasighat in East Siang district yesterday, a few motor garages along with houses were gutted last evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`