Woman, two daughters die of burn in Itanagar
Itanagar: A pregnant woman along with her two daughters were charred to death while six others received partial burn injury in a fire at Sigin colony in Upper Subansiri district of Arunachal Pradesh, the police said today.
The fire which broke out at around 10.45 pm yesterday also burnt down 34 houses and damaged 21 partially rendering 108 families homeless, official sources said here today.
The victims have been identified as Yaw Siyum (27) and her two daughters - Bonga Siyum (5) and Prety Siyum (18 months). Other six injured were rushed to a local hospital.
The cause of the fire is yet to be ascertained, sources said.
Upper Subansiri Deputy Commissioner Tahang Taggu visited the colony and alleged improper electrification in the houses and carelessness of the people while burning candle.
In a separate fire accident at 2 Mile area of Pasighat in East Siang district yesterday, a few motor garages along with houses were gutted last evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city