Woman, two daughters die of burn in Itanagar
Itanagar: A pregnant woman along with her two daughters were charred to death while six others received partial burn injury in a fire at Sigin colony in Upper Subansiri district of Arunachal Pradesh, the police said today.
The fire which broke out at around 10.45 pm yesterday also burnt down 34 houses and damaged 21 partially rendering 108 families homeless, official sources said here today.
The victims have been identified as Yaw Siyum (27) and her two daughters - Bonga Siyum (5) and Prety Siyum (18 months). Other six injured were rushed to a local hospital.
The cause of the fire is yet to be ascertained, sources said.
Upper Subansiri Deputy Commissioner Tahang Taggu visited the colony and alleged improper electrification in the houses and carelessness of the people while burning candle.
In a separate fire accident at 2 Mile area of Pasighat in East Siang district yesterday, a few motor garages along with houses were gutted last evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi