Women voters outnumber men in many districts of Arunachal
Itanagar: Women voters outnumber men in many districts of Arunachal Pradesh after the electoral rolls for 56 assembly constituencies of the state barring four of Kurung Kumey district have been published.
Women voters outnumber men in Tawang, East Kameng, Papum Pare, Lower Subansiri, Upper Subansiri, West Siang, East Siang and Dibang Valley districts of Arunachal Pradesh.
"The rolls have been prepared after over three months of rigorous and structured summary revision," deputy chief electoral officer (DCEO) D J Bhattacharjee said in a statement here today.
Of the 6,92,261 electors (as on October 1, 2013) the final number of electors stands at 7,04,399, including 3,51,131 women.
There is an overall increase of 1.75 per cent with addition of 38,426 new electors (including 19,926 women), out of which 15,223 are in the age group of 18-19 years, Bhattacharjee said.
"Special emphasis was given on the purification of electoral rolls by following due process at the level of electoral registration officers on each of these constituencies," he said.
Altogether 9,267 duplicate names were deleted using technical interventions, while a total of 26,288 names have been deleted from the previous electoral rolls.
Dibang Valley has seen the highest increase of 9.79 per cent, whereas Papum Pare has witnessed a decrease of 1.58 per cent in the number of electors, Bhattacharjee said.
"The EP ratio of the state is 506 as against 474 in 2013, whereas the gender ratio is now 996 as against 988 in 2013," he said.
The remaining four constituencies, all in Kurung Kumey, are going through the process of special summary revision, and the final date of publication of the rolls of those constituencies is January 30, he added.
Assembly elections in Arunachal Pradesh are due this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Kohli hits 26th hundred as India inch closer to win
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption