Women voters outnumber men in many districts of Arunachal
Itanagar: Women voters outnumber men in many districts of Arunachal Pradesh after the electoral rolls for 56 assembly constituencies of the state barring four of Kurung Kumey district have been published.
Women voters outnumber men in Tawang, East Kameng, Papum Pare, Lower Subansiri, Upper Subansiri, West Siang, East Siang and Dibang Valley districts of Arunachal Pradesh.
"The rolls have been prepared after over three months of rigorous and structured summary revision," deputy chief electoral officer (DCEO) D J Bhattacharjee said in a statement here today.
Of the 6,92,261 electors (as on October 1, 2013) the final number of electors stands at 7,04,399, including 3,51,131 women.
There is an overall increase of 1.75 per cent with addition of 38,426 new electors (including 19,926 women), out of which 15,223 are in the age group of 18-19 years, Bhattacharjee said.
"Special emphasis was given on the purification of electoral rolls by following due process at the level of electoral registration officers on each of these constituencies," he said.
Altogether 9,267 duplicate names were deleted using technical interventions, while a total of 26,288 names have been deleted from the previous electoral rolls.
Dibang Valley has seen the highest increase of 9.79 per cent, whereas Papum Pare has witnessed a decrease of 1.58 per cent in the number of electors, Bhattacharjee said.
"The EP ratio of the state is 506 as against 474 in 2013, whereas the gender ratio is now 996 as against 988 in 2013," he said.
The remaining four constituencies, all in Kurung Kumey, are going through the process of special summary revision, and the final date of publication of the rolls of those constituencies is January 30, he added.
Assembly elections in Arunachal Pradesh are due this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India