World Bank to provide Rs 1,100 cr loan to Tripura
Agartala: The World Bank will provide a soft loan of Rs 1,100 crore to the Tripura government for improvement of facilities for transmission and distribution of power in the state, official sources said on Tuesday.
A five-member team of the World Bank headed by senior Energy specialist Rohit Mittal met Tripura Power Minister Manik Dey and Chief Secretary S K Panda today and gave an outline of the process for reforming old transmission lines and laying new lines, the sources said.
The Tripura government had earlier submitted a funding proposal for a project on "transmission and distribution of power in the state" and the World Bank has agreed to provide Rs 1,100 crore for the above project, the sources said.
The transmission line would be connected with Assam, the sources said, adding it would be easier to transmit power from the state to other parts of the country and also for receiving the same.
A gas-based thermal project at Palatana in South Tripura district will start production by the end of next year and Tripura will be a power surplus state, enabling it to export power to other states, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price