Writ petition against Vice Chief of Army withdrawn
Imphal: A writ petition filed against the Vice Chief of Army staff Dalbir Singh Suhag in Manipur high court for the alleged killings of three Manipuri youths by Army personnel of 3 corps during his tenure as the GOC in March 2010 was today withdrawn.
Acting chief justice of the high court LK Mohapatra, however, gave the liberty to the petitioner to pursue the case and file another writ petition at the place of occurrence at Dimapur in Nagaland.
As the court began hearing this morning, Khaidem Mani, advocate of petitioner pleaded the case stating that three Manipuri youths were allegedly abducted and killed by army personnel in Dimapur on March 10, 2010.
The petition was filed by Philem Naobi, brother of one of the youths.
Acting chief justice Mohapatra said since the incident occurred at Dimapur in Nagaland the petitioner could file the case there and gave them the liberty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air