ZNP announces its candidates for Mizoram Assembly polls
Aizawl: Zoram Nationalist Party (ZNP), which would contest 38 constituencies in the coming elections to the 40-member Mizoram Assembly to be held on November 25, on Monday announced the names of its candidates.
The ZNP chief, former Lok Sabha member Lalduhoma would contest from his home turf, Aizawl West-I seat and Kolasib constituency in Kolasib district.
The Indian Police Service (IPS) officer-turned-politician, who was earlier security officer to the late Prime Minister Indira Gandhi, Lalduhoma would contest against former Speaker and Mizo National Front (MNF) leader Lalchamliana and transport minister P C Zoramsangliana of the Congress from Kolasib seat.
He is also pitted against state Mahila Congress president TBC Tlangthanmawii and former minister K Sangthuama of the MNF from Aizawl West-I seat.
ZNP vice president K Liantlinga would contest from Aizawl South-I, his home turf and would be pitted against a well-known television personality R K Lianzuala of the MNF and former student leader R Vanlalvena of the Congress.
Former Speaker of the state Assembly R Lalawia, a top ZNP leader would contest against the lone Rajya Sabha member Lalhming Liana of the MNF and sitting legislator K Lalrinthanga of the Congress from the Serlui seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets