ZNP announces its candidates for Mizoram Assembly polls
Aizawl: Zoram Nationalist Party (ZNP), which would contest 38 constituencies in the coming elections to the 40-member Mizoram Assembly to be held on November 25, on Monday announced the names of its candidates.
The ZNP chief, former Lok Sabha member Lalduhoma would contest from his home turf, Aizawl West-I seat and Kolasib constituency in Kolasib district.
The Indian Police Service (IPS) officer-turned-politician, who was earlier security officer to the late Prime Minister Indira Gandhi, Lalduhoma would contest against former Speaker and Mizo National Front (MNF) leader Lalchamliana and transport minister P C Zoramsangliana of the Congress from Kolasib seat.
He is also pitted against state Mahila Congress president TBC Tlangthanmawii and former minister K Sangthuama of the MNF from Aizawl West-I seat.
ZNP vice president K Liantlinga would contest from Aizawl South-I, his home turf and would be pitted against a well-known television personality R K Lianzuala of the MNF and former student leader R Vanlalvena of the Congress.
Former Speaker of the state Assembly R Lalawia, a top ZNP leader would contest against the lone Rajya Sabha member Lalhming Liana of the MNF and sitting legislator K Lalrinthanga of the Congress from the Serlui seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez