10 power companies get coal blocks in Odisha: Govt
Bhubaneswar: Odisha government on Tuesday said though 10 power generating companies including three state-run public sector undertakings are allocated coal blocks by the Centre, none have so far gone for coal production.
"The Centre allocates coal blocks and the state government has nothing to do with it," said energy minister Arun Kumar Sahu while replying a written question in the Assembly.
Three state PSUs which have been allocated coal blocks are: OPGC (Odisha Power Generation Corporation), Odisha Hydro- Power Corporation (OHPC) and Odisha Mining Corporation (OMC), the minister said.
While OPGC has been given Manoharpur and dipside Manoharpur coal blocks, OHPC gets Baitarani West block and OMC gets Mandakini-B coal block.
The private power generating companies which have coal blocks are: GMR Kamalanga Energy Limited, Nava Bharat Power Limited, Lanco Babardh Power Limited, Sterilite Limited.
Replying the question, the minister said land acquisition work for all the coal blocks was going on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa