10 power companies get coal blocks in Odisha: Govt
Bhubaneswar: Odisha government on Tuesday said though 10 power generating companies including three state-run public sector undertakings are allocated coal blocks by the Centre, none have so far gone for coal production.
"The Centre allocates coal blocks and the state government has nothing to do with it," said energy minister Arun Kumar Sahu while replying a written question in the Assembly.
Three state PSUs which have been allocated coal blocks are: OPGC (Odisha Power Generation Corporation), Odisha Hydro- Power Corporation (OHPC) and Odisha Mining Corporation (OMC), the minister said.
While OPGC has been given Manoharpur and dipside Manoharpur coal blocks, OHPC gets Baitarani West block and OMC gets Mandakini-B coal block.
The private power generating companies which have coal blocks are: GMR Kamalanga Energy Limited, Nava Bharat Power Limited, Lanco Babardh Power Limited, Sterilite Limited.
Replying the question, the minister said land acquisition work for all the coal blocks was going on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him