10 power companies get coal blocks in Odisha: Govt
Bhubaneswar: Odisha government on Tuesday said though 10 power generating companies including three state-run public sector undertakings are allocated coal blocks by the Centre, none have so far gone for coal production.
"The Centre allocates coal blocks and the state government has nothing to do with it," said energy minister Arun Kumar Sahu while replying a written question in the Assembly.
Three state PSUs which have been allocated coal blocks are: OPGC (Odisha Power Generation Corporation), Odisha Hydro- Power Corporation (OHPC) and Odisha Mining Corporation (OMC), the minister said.
While OPGC has been given Manoharpur and dipside Manoharpur coal blocks, OHPC gets Baitarani West block and OMC gets Mandakini-B coal block.
The private power generating companies which have coal blocks are: GMR Kamalanga Energy Limited, Nava Bharat Power Limited, Lanco Babardh Power Limited, Sterilite Limited.
Replying the question, the minister said land acquisition work for all the coal blocks was going on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy