10 power companies get coal blocks in Odisha: Govt
Bhubaneswar: Odisha government on Tuesday said though 10 power generating companies including three state-run public sector undertakings are allocated coal blocks by the Centre, none have so far gone for coal production.
"The Centre allocates coal blocks and the state government has nothing to do with it," said energy minister Arun Kumar Sahu while replying a written question in the Assembly.
Three state PSUs which have been allocated coal blocks are: OPGC (Odisha Power Generation Corporation), Odisha Hydro- Power Corporation (OHPC) and Odisha Mining Corporation (OMC), the minister said.
While OPGC has been given Manoharpur and dipside Manoharpur coal blocks, OHPC gets Baitarani West block and OMC gets Mandakini-B coal block.
The private power generating companies which have coal blocks are: GMR Kamalanga Energy Limited, Nava Bharat Power Limited, Lanco Babardh Power Limited, Sterilite Limited.
Replying the question, the minister said land acquisition work for all the coal blocks was going on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- PM Modi inaugurates new passenger trains for Northeast, says government sincere about development of region
- Champions League: WOAH! Fan splurges over Rs 9,00,000 for one football ticket!
- Vijay Mallya and his lavish lifestyle: Watch video
- Wow! Watch how Ambani family travels in style!
- JMM to field one candidate in Jharkhand RS poll