10-yr old boy commits suicide when asked to go to school
Keonjhar (Odisha): A 10-year-old tribal boy allegedly committed suicide in Odisha`s Keonjhar district when his mother asked him to go to school.
The incident occurred at Dania village in Banspal block yesterday when the boy Sanjay Dehury allegedly set himself afire after pouring kerosene.
He died while being shifted to the SCB Medical College and Hospital from the district headquarters hospital, the police said.
Sanjay, a Class V student in Saharpur Ashram School, had come home for Rath Yatra and was unwilling to return to school, they said.
When his mother tried to persuade him, Sanjay locked her up in a room and set himself on fire, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre