10-yr old boy commits suicide when asked to go to school
Keonjhar (Odisha): A 10-year-old tribal boy allegedly committed suicide in Odisha`s Keonjhar district when his mother asked him to go to school.
The incident occurred at Dania village in Banspal block yesterday when the boy Sanjay Dehury allegedly set himself afire after pouring kerosene.
He died while being shifted to the SCB Medical College and Hospital from the district headquarters hospital, the police said.
Sanjay, a Class V student in Saharpur Ashram School, had come home for Rath Yatra and was unwilling to return to school, they said.
When his mother tried to persuade him, Sanjay locked her up in a room and set himself on fire, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon