10-yr old boy commits suicide when asked to go to school
Keonjhar (Odisha): A 10-year-old tribal boy allegedly committed suicide in Odisha`s Keonjhar district when his mother asked him to go to school.
The incident occurred at Dania village in Banspal block yesterday when the boy Sanjay Dehury allegedly set himself afire after pouring kerosene.
He died while being shifted to the SCB Medical College and Hospital from the district headquarters hospital, the police said.
Sanjay, a Class V student in Saharpur Ashram School, had come home for Rath Yatra and was unwilling to return to school, they said.
When his mother tried to persuade him, Sanjay locked her up in a room and set himself on fire, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter