10-yr old boy commits suicide when asked to go to school
Keonjhar (Odisha): A 10-year-old tribal boy allegedly committed suicide in Odisha`s Keonjhar district when his mother asked him to go to school.
The incident occurred at Dania village in Banspal block yesterday when the boy Sanjay Dehury allegedly set himself afire after pouring kerosene.
He died while being shifted to the SCB Medical College and Hospital from the district headquarters hospital, the police said.
Sanjay, a Class V student in Saharpur Ashram School, had come home for Rath Yatra and was unwilling to return to school, they said.
When his mother tried to persuade him, Sanjay locked her up in a room and set himself on fire, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outline solutions, don't become roadblock to progressive democracy: BJP tells Mamata
- After Virat Kohli, time for Anil Kumble to work with MS Dhoni - Here's what Jumbo said..
- Union Minister Maneka Gandhi raps Kerala for its policy on stray dogs
- RSS distributed sweets on the day Mahatma Gandhi was assassinated: Congress
- Remember Parul Chauhan aka Ragini from 'Bidaai'? Her latest pictures will make your jaw drop!