10-yr old boy commits suicide when asked to go to school
Keonjhar (Odisha): A 10-year-old tribal boy allegedly committed suicide in Odisha`s Keonjhar district when his mother asked him to go to school.
The incident occurred at Dania village in Banspal block yesterday when the boy Sanjay Dehury allegedly set himself afire after pouring kerosene.
He died while being shifted to the SCB Medical College and Hospital from the district headquarters hospital, the police said.
Sanjay, a Class V student in Saharpur Ashram School, had come home for Rath Yatra and was unwilling to return to school, they said.
When his mother tried to persuade him, Sanjay locked her up in a room and set himself on fire, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- DNA: Dr Subhash Chandra show on importance of 'Social media networking'
- Piramal Enterprises to raise Rs 300 cr via non-convertible debentures
- Gold, silver hit a soft patch as global cues turn weak
- Nokia all set to make comeback with 2 new Android 7.0 Nougat devices
- Smart dressing tips for children during monsoon
- Sensex ends the week with marginal losses; Nifty finishes flat