106 accidental insurance claims settled in lok ada
Baripada (Odisha): Altogether 106 cases arising out of accidental insurance claims were settled with an award of Rs 1.23 crore to victims` families at a state level Lok Adalat held here.
The Lok Adalat was held here yesterday in presence of Justice Sanjay Kumar Mishra and Justice Chittaranjan Dash of Orissa High Court.
Public sector and private sector insurance companies participated in the Lok Adalat to settle the dispute.
Member Secretary of State Legal Aid Service Authority Bijay Chandra Rath, Mayurbhanj District Sessions Judge Ajoy Kumar Dey, Additional District Sessions Judge Ashant Kumar Das and Bikram Kesari Patnaik assisted in the judicial process to settle the claim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Chase master Kohli stars as India beat Kiwis by 7 wickets, lead series 2-1
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption