11 acquitted in Kandhamal riot case
Phulbani: A local court here acquitted 11 persons due to lack of evidence in a case related to communal riots in Odisha`s Kandhamal district.
Additional District Judge (ADJ), Phulbani Rajendra Kumar Tosh yesterday acquitted all the 11 persons arrested in connection with the murder of Gopan Nayak of Gandagada village under Raikia police station limits in September 9, 2008.
The 11 faced charges ranging from rioting, house burning, unlawful assembly with arms as well as other sections of the IPC.
The police registered a case at Raikia police station against 12 accused involved in the incidents in September 2008.
While the 11 persons were acquitted by the court, one accused is still at large.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’