11-day ban on ore-laden truck movement along NH 5 (A)
Kendrapara: To ensure smooth polls, the authorities enforced an 11-day ban on movement of ore-laden trucks along NH-5 (A), the key road connecting mineral-rich areas and Paradip port.
Besides, mining activities would remain suspended in mine-rich belts of Odisha during the said period, said officials.
Unregulated plying of ore-laden trucks on the busy highway often triggers traffic jams, paralysing normal lives of highway side residents in Kendrapara district.
A high-power committee headed by revenue divisioal commissioner (central) has decided to stop ore transportation through road route for 11 days. The order would be enforced from April 10 to April 20. There would be no ore extraction work from mines during that period, said Kendrapara Collector Ratnakar Rout.
Paradip Port Trust (PPT) authorities have been apprised of the regulation and has been asked to reschedule their cargo handling operation.
Abiding by the decision, the district administration has clamped the prohibitory orders under rule 115 of the motor vehicle act, 1988 besides on the basis of regulation framed under Orissa motor vehicle rules, officials said.
Ore-laden trucks from mineral-rich districts such as Jajpur, Keonjhar and Sundargarh district make their way to Paradip port for export through the 82 km stretch busy express-way. And thousands of ore laden trucks from mineral rich Keonjhar and Jajpur districts make life miserable for people living along the NH-side areas.
Instructions were issued to the Collectors of Jajpur, Keonjhar and Sundargarh district to stop ore loading activity during the 11 day prohibition period. The state mining directorate has also been directed to ensure that no mining activity takes place during the period.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video