12 livestock inspectors dismissed from service
Jajpur: Services of 12 livestock inspectors who got appointment five years ago have been terminated in Odisha due to alleged irregularities in the selection process.
They were serving under various veterinary dispensaries in Barachana, Rasulpur, Jajpur, Danagadi, Dasarathapur and Dharmasala blocks in Jajpur district.
According to official sources, as many as 879 candidates had applied in response to an advertisement by the Chief District Veterinary Officer to recruit against 12 vacancies.
As per the advertisement, the selection was to be made on the basis of marks secured in higher secondary examination. Also there was a provision that those candidates having dairy and poultry as a subject in their vocational examination will be given preference during selection.
But it was found that many candidates with higher marks had not been selected for the jobs whereas those with lesser marks got the appointment.
Alleging irregularities and malpractices in the selection process, unsuccessful candidates lodged complaints with the district veterinary authorities which went unheeded.
The candidates approached the State Administrative Tribunal for justice. The tribunal after hearing both sides directed the secretary, Animal and Husbandry to conduct an inquiry into the allegations.
The inquiry found the allegations to be true. Accordingly, the employees got the dismissal order from the government last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP