12 livestock inspectors dismissed from service
Jajpur: Services of 12 livestock inspectors who got appointment five years ago have been terminated in Odisha due to alleged irregularities in the selection process.
They were serving under various veterinary dispensaries in Barachana, Rasulpur, Jajpur, Danagadi, Dasarathapur and Dharmasala blocks in Jajpur district.
According to official sources, as many as 879 candidates had applied in response to an advertisement by the Chief District Veterinary Officer to recruit against 12 vacancies.
As per the advertisement, the selection was to be made on the basis of marks secured in higher secondary examination. Also there was a provision that those candidates having dairy and poultry as a subject in their vocational examination will be given preference during selection.
But it was found that many candidates with higher marks had not been selected for the jobs whereas those with lesser marks got the appointment.
Alleging irregularities and malpractices in the selection process, unsuccessful candidates lodged complaints with the district veterinary authorities which went unheeded.
The candidates approached the State Administrative Tribunal for justice. The tribunal after hearing both sides directed the secretary, Animal and Husbandry to conduct an inquiry into the allegations.
The inquiry found the allegations to be true. Accordingly, the employees got the dismissal order from the government last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport
- Colombia peace deal to be signed late September